Profile - Edward Lemaire
Edward Lemaire's research and development activities involve technological and biomechanical solutions that improve physical rehabilitation outcomes, improve access to services, and enhance efficiency. To accomplish these objectives he works with researchers, healthcare providers, and students from human kinetics, engineering, computer science, medicine, and rehabilitation sciences. Most of this research occurs through the IRRD Rehabilitation Technology Lab.
- Phone: x75592
Areas of interest include:
- Mobility / assistive device research and development (prosthetics, orthotics, wearable robotics, etc.)
- Telehealth / telemedicine / telerehabilitation (Remote consultation, remote assessment, Internet application for rehabilitation)
- Biomechanical analysis of motion
- Virtual applications for rehabilitation (Virtual reality therapy, CAD/CAM for clinical applications, etc.)
- SmartPhone applications for mobility analysis
Dr. Lemaire holds the following positions/appointments (appointments with graduate study options linked).
- Research Associate - Institute for Rehabilitation Research and Development, The Ottawa Hospital Rehabilitation Centre
- President, International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (Canada)
- Clinical Researcher - Ottawa Health Research Institute
- Associate Professor - University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine
- Adjunct Professor - University of Ottawa, School of Human Kinetics
- Member - Ottawa Carleton Institute for Computer Science
- Member - The Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Biomedical Engineering
- Member - University of Ottawa, Systems Sciences
- Adjunct Professor - University of Waterloo, Department of Systems Design Engineering
Opportunities currently exist for graduate studies at the Masters and Doctoral levels.
Click here to see a list of publications.